Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rodeo Fever

The last few days have been long and stressful. I've been out on the road going from Dallas to Houston to Memphis to Jonesboro and back to Dallas. My son continues to run a fever and the doctors he's seen cannot figure out why. My wife has missed work most of this week watching Joshua because his daycare won't keep him with while he's running a fever. He's seen 4 doctors since last Tuesday. He has been given a shot of antibiotics on Friday and Saturday. The fever still hasn't gone away. They've listened to his lungs, checked his ears, looked in his nose, examined his throat, and even had him get a chest x-ray. The results so far are all the same. They can't figure out what's wrong. Tomorrow we have to go back to the doctor again, but I'm not sure it's going to do us any good. I just don't feel that anyone's going to look at x-ray results over the weekend. He might get a third shot of antibiotics, but I'm not even sure of that. I just hope that my son gets to feeling better soon. I feel so helpless about it all.

Even though Joshua wasn't feeling too good today, we have had tickets to go to the Fort Worth Stockshow & Rodeo for months. Since Susan's Mom paid for them there was no way we would even consider bailing out on it now. I'm glad we didn't. We all had a good time. Joshua stayed in pretty good health most of the evening with only a few fever spikes the whole time. He did sleep quite a bit though. When he was awake, he was just in awe over everything. Especially during the rodeo. He just loved watching all the horses running all over the place. All-in-all I think everyone enjoy themselves.

Well, that's all for now. It's been a long day and I'm ready to call it quits.

No comments:

Post a Comment