Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Working With A Feverish Child.

It's Wednesday night and I am at home about to leave to work in a few minutes, but I have enough time to tell everyone about the last couple of days events.

So, yesterday my son's daycare called my wife and she had to leave work an hour early to get him. He was running a fever and with his history of febrile seizures they felt it was necessary he get picked up. I set a doctor's appt. for him and we all met up at his pediatrician's office. Unfortunately, his regular doctor was booked up and we had to see someone else. That someone else was the worst doctor I've ever met. She was very impersonal with us and our son. On top of that, every time my wife would try to ask a question she would cut her off and say something else. She was even dressed like she was on a date rather than working with little kids. It made us appreciate our normal pediatrician that much more.

Joshua's daycare has a policy that says if a child is sent home sick that he cannot return the next day. This posed a problem for Susan & I since I had to go to work last night and she had to work today. Normally, once I'm off to work I don't return until Sunday morning. Luckily, when I called my work and told them what was going on they were able to get me a turn-around to Abilene and back home. Susan's work let her come in late. So, Susan watched Joshua in the morning until 11am and I watched him until 6pm. Then my wife came home and took our son over to her sister's so I could get some long deserved sleep. I called my work and they aloud me to come in at midnight instead of 10pm so that I could get a few more hours sleep. I am really grateful for that.

Susan and Joshua return home around 9:30pm and Joshua went straight to bed. I got up and helped my wife unload some groceries that we need for the house. Now I am ready for work. Joshua keeps going between running a fever and not running a fever. I hope the little guy feels better in the morning. Otherwise, he'll have to see the doctor again and my wife will have to miss a whole day of work. This time I'll be gone and won't be able to return in the morning. I hope everything works out for the best.

It's time for me to pack up my stuff and head out. I'll post more later in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment