Monday, March 16, 2009

All About This Week And Think Pink!

Another week has come and gone. It ended up being a short work week for me. They didn't have enough loads to send me out on Tuesday night, so I didn't get started until Wednesday night. Even then, the whole work week was slow. I spent most of my time either sitting around waiting for the loads to finish being loaded or waiting for them to find a load for me to move. They did still manage to get me far enough away from home that when I got my final load for the week I wasn't able to make it home until 4am Sunday morning. So, my route for the week went like so; Dallas, TX to Houston, TX to Jackson, TN to Memphis, TN to Grenada, MS to Memphis, TN and back to Dallas, TX.

Anyway, enough about work. During the day on Sunday Susan, Joshua, & I went out to lunch at Taco Cabana. I had ordered a plate of nachos that comes with sour cream & guacamole in a little red corn tortilla bowl. Joshua wanted nothing to do with his lunch, but everything to do with eating that little red bowl I had. Then he wanted all the red colored chips that were in Daddy's nachos. It was all about the red stuff for him. Afterward, we went to Toy 'R' Us where Joshua scored a few new Wonder Color Markers, some A-B-C & 1-2-3 flash cards and a mini Magna Doodle for traveling with. We also made our usual grocery run at Wal-mart. They're remodeling our local Wal-mart, so nothing is where it's supposed to be at right now. We ended up spending the rest of the day at home. I used my new shovel that I got for Christmas for the first time. I used it to aerate the front yard a little so that our grass might have a chance at growing better this year. I also, finally, picked up all the leaves that were left in the yard. I should mention, I hate doing yard work. However, it has to be done and my wife won't let me pay a gardener to do it. I know we don't have that kind of money, but I REALLY HATE YARD WORK!!! Joshua got to ride his tricycle outside a little bit and also played with his big blue beach ball too. He loves getting to play in the yard. For dinner we both were too lazy to cook, so we had Pizza Hut deliver a couple pizzas and called it a night.

This morning my son decided he was not going to listen to anything anyone told him to do. He didn't want to get out of bed, he didn't want his diaper changed, he didn't want his waffle, (he loves bananas, so he ate that with no trouble) he didn't want to put his jacket on so he could go to daycare. Finally, I had had enough and he got whopped on the bottom. I feel bad for having to have done it, but it did put an end to the misbehaving. And when he came home tonight he was a very good little boy. While everyone was gone to work and daycare I went to the bank, to Verizon, and went and got a haircut. I think the woman did a good job on my hair. My wife thinks it's too short. She likes my hair when it's longer. I find it just to hard to manage. Once everyone was home again, we went out to dinner with the Howard's, minus their kids. The kids were at their Aunt & Uncle's house. We tried a new Mexican restaurant called Rio Mambo. The food wasn't too bad, not great, but not too bad. For once, Susan & I decided to have something a little stronger than tea or soda. So she had a margarita on the rocks and I had what they called a "Miami Vice". It was a mix of pina colada and strawberry daiquiri. It was really good.

After dinner, Joshua & I came home. Susan went over to her sister's so they could go for their walk. Oh, by the way, Susan and her sister are preparing themselves for the 3 day breast cancer walk that's taking place in November. For more information about it and to make a donation to help them out, go to Susan's 3 Day website and offer your support.

Okay. I'm done for now. Be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment