Sunday, March 22, 2009

Going Bonkers In The BlueBonnets With Diet Coke

It's been a crazy week. I only drove from Tuesday night until late Thursday night. I had to be home on Friday because my wife was having surgery early in the morning. It's only been two days since her surgery and she's is doing great. Actually, she's been doing great since the moment we left the hospital. Even if she is in any pain she's not acting like it. The nurse told her to take it easy for the next week and to not lift anything or do too many activities. Of course, that didn't stop her from carrying our son and running all over town for the last few days. She's such a tough cookie. I just hope she doesn't over do it.

After we left the hospital we went to pick up my new glasses. Everyone seems to like them. I like them too, but them seem to be giving me trouble with focusing. I've had them on since I got them, hoping that my eyes just neeeded to adjust to the new lenses, but they haven't. Tonight I was trying to read a story on the computer and it seemed so blury to me. I decided to put my old glasses on and discovered that I could see everything on the screen clearly. I'm going to have to take the new one's back tomorrow and get them redone. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to wear my old one's for a few more weeks.

On Saturday we meet my wife's mom and stepdad for breakfast at Golden Corral. Thanks again to them for buying our meals. After that we did some running around with the Spencers. First we went to Babies 'R' Us / Toys 'R' Us and bought a couple things, including a bubble lawn mower as a birthday gift Joshua. Yes, I know it's early, but we've been looking for this gift for a long time and finally found it. It was also the last one they had left. We also bought him a little Scooby-Doo toy to play with. We also did something very bad, by accident. We had picked up a pack of six socks for Joshua and forgot that they were behind his back. When we got out to the car and I picked him up out of the cart, there they were. I know it was wrong and we've never done it before, but since the door alarm didn't go off when we left the store and everything else was already in the car and we had other things to do we took them. We still are feeling the guilt.

Next we headed to Lewisville to a place called "Going Bonker's". It's a kids place that has a huge indoor jungle gym. Joshua and Adam had a blast! Heck, so did the adults. Daniel and I went though it with the kids and I can't speak for Daniel, but I had lots of fun and was very exhausted after. We must have played for 2 or more hours. I wish the place was closer. I'd love to take my son there more often. Later that evening we went to Pasado's for dinner and then ran to Khols to buy Joshua a shirt for him to wear for taking pictures in the Bluebonnets.

Today, us and the Spencer's went to do bluebonnet pictures out in Ennis, TX. First though we stopped in Wilmer, TX at Carl's Jr. to have lunch. I also bought 2 bottles of Diet Coke and a pack of Mentos. Yes, it was for what you're thinking. And if you don't know what I'm talking about drop a Mentos into a bottle of Diet Coke and see what happens. Anyway, we got a bunch of good pictures in the bluebonnets and my wife will post the on our Flickr in the next few days.

Okay. I'm done for now. I'll be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment