Monday, March 2, 2009

It's Curtains For The Snow, Joshua!

I guess it's time once again for me to peck at the keyboard a little bit. I never did learn how to type the correct way. My wife can type so fast I'm afraid her fingers are going to fly right off. I'm so slow at typing it's taken me 3 mins just to type this so far. Anyway enough about my lack of typing skills, here's how the last week has transpired.

Last Monday was spent putting up the boarder around the ceiling in our son's bathroom. I also put the outlet covers back on, put the mirror back on the wall, and put the lights back up above the mirror. The next day I put the shark picture that Daniel & Christina gave us into a frame, but I didn't have a hook to hang it up with. My wife bought on this weekend and hung it up for me (Thank you Love.) She also bought a few accessories and some decals to add the finishing touches the room. The bathroom was just about done. All that was left was to put the new vinyl shower curtain up. My mother-in-law took it out of the package and decided it was too wrinkly. So, she put it in the dryer. Can anyone guess what happens to vinyl when you put it in a dryer? Well, here's your answer......
My wife just about cried. The whole design of our bathroom was based on the shower curtain. On top of that, the design has been discontinued and is no longer sold at the stores. Luckily, I was able to find one exactly like it on ebay and Susan's mom bought it right away. We should have it in a few days and than finally the bathroom will be done.

My work week started off slow. My 1st run was from Dallas to Laredo. Then I went from there to Houston, with a 10hr break in the middle. From Houston I drove to San Antonio and then to Dallas. After another 10hr break there, I was sent to Baton Rouge. I took my next break there and was sent to Jackson, MS. However once I got there they didn't have a load available from there so, they sent me to Tupelo, MS. I stopped and took another 10hr break before I got there. When I woke up to start driving again the temperature outside had changed and it was really cold. I got to Tupelo, picked up my load and started heading for Dallas. About 1hr into my drive I received quite the surprise. It began snowing! I mean REALLY snowing! It got so bad that I had no other choice but to shut down in Memphis and wait until it stopped. I was stopped for about 3hrs. I hid in the fuel bay at our Memphis yard so that when it did stop snowing I wouldn't have to scrape snow and ice off my truck. Here's what it looked where I was stopped...

Once the snow finally stopped falling, I was able to slowly make my way home. I didn't reach dry ground until about 20 miles east of Little Rock, AR. From there it was smooth sailing. I didn't get home until almost 1pm Sunday. It's the latest time so far that I have been out driving since I started working the shift I'm on. I usually get home late Saturday or early Sunday morning.

My 21mo old son has been puting words together like crazy. He speaks so clearly for child his age. Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about...

Well, I've blogged long enough. I got other things I need to be doing. Enjoy yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment