Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy From A Totally Awesome Dude!

Happy Birthday to me! I am now old enough to know everything! Oh wait! I'm way passed being a teenager! Now I'm old enough to forget everything I knew. Damn! Anyway, today has been a busy day so far. Susan's B-day gift to me was an appointment with the optometrist to get new glasses. Thank you sweetheart. I haven't had new glasses in over 5 years. I took the exam and the doctor told me that my eyes have hardly changed at all. I picked out my new glasses and I'll have them in 2 weeks. I also went to the bank, paid on a loan we have, FedExed some house papers to our mortgage company, put insecticide on our dying bushes, fixed a drawer in the spare bathroom and anchored our son's changing table to the wall. I guess when things need to be done, it doesn't matter if it's your b-day or not. Tonight, for my B-day dinner, my wife is taking me to one of my favorite restaurants, Italianni's. I even have a coupon for a free dessert. (Their desserts are to die for!)

Oh, another thing I got for my birthday came from both my wife and my son. It is probably the most awesome present I have ever got. Check it out....


Susan said she had to record him for about 5 or more minutes before she could get him to say it. I totally love it! He is growing up so fast. I had to work an extra day this week and I missed him so much.

Anyway, like I said, I had to work an extra day this week and I didn't get home until 11:30pm Sunday night. So here was the route I had this week. I went from Dallas, TX to Shreveport, LA to Jackson, MS to Tupelo, MS to Jackson, TN to Houston, TX to Jackson, MS to Houston, TX to Harlingen, TX to Houston, TX and finally back to Dallas, TX. Unfortunately, I only get today off and then it's back to work tomorrow. I guess with so many people out of work I really shouldn't be complaining. My wife and I are both in fairly stable careers and consider ourselves to be really lucky people right now. I know so many people who are either looking for work, barely working, or just praying their job doesn't go away. I know things get better in the future, I just hope it happens before people really begin to suffer.

Alright, I've rambled enough. Everyone enjoy yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. so happy that you had a good birthday... joshua's little message is heart-melting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry we didnt make it to diner. we'll have to go to candlelight in sometime to make it up. :)

    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete