Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lizards Leapin' Through Donuts & Fog.

Well, well, well. If it isn't Tuesday already. I guess a blog update is in order, huh? Ok.

Last week was a long work week. I drove over 3000 miles and didn't get home until 8:30am Sunday morning. I went from Dallas, TX to Houston, TX to Jackson, MS to Grenada, MS to Nashville, TN to Dallas, TX to Houston, TX to Harlingen, TX and finally back to Dallas, TX again. At least the paycheck's gonna look really good next week. To bad all the bills are going to eat it up.

After I was done working on Sunday I came home and decided to treat my wife & son to a day of fun. I brought donuts home for breakfast. It was Joshua's 1st donut. He's only eaten donut holes before Sunday. He loved it...Duh! For lunch, we met the Spencer's at Chili's. Joshua ate a corn dog and corn-on-the-cob. He loves both of those things. We even had to hide the corn-on-the-cob from him so he'd eat his corn dog. When he was done with the corn dog and we broke out the corn-on-the-cob he almost jumped out of his seat with excitement. It was hilarious to watch him go nuts eating it. When we finished with lunch, we headed to Leapin' Lizards. It's an indoor playground. It has blow-up bounce houses and a 4 story playscape. It also has a toddler area with quite a number of fun toys to play with. We all had a blast. Joshua was so tuckered out that he almost fell asleep in my arms on the way to the car. It didn't last long though. He woke up about 10 minutes after we got home and wasn't too happy that we were at home and not still at Leapin' Lizards. For dinner we ordered pizza. After dinner Joshua got a bath and when his tub was draining he began farting. Susan had me hurry and get the potty seat and she sat him down on it. She began reading a couple of books to him and all of a sudden we hear the potty playing music. He had pee-peed in the potty for the 2nd time since we've had the thing. He never pooped though, so it must have just been gas. After all that excitement, we put Joshua to bed and listened to him scream and cry about it until he gave up and fell asleep. He rarely does that. He usually goes to bed really easily. As for me, well, after having been up for more than 28 hours. I went to bed and crashed. I don't even remember my wife coming to bed or anything. She told me that at one point in the night I reached over, grabbed her hand, mumbled something she couldn't understand, and then turned back over. Oh well. At least I got a good night's rest.

Yesterday was spent mowing the grass, trimming bushes, raking leaves, putting down weed & feed, and watering the lawn. For dinner we ate fish sticks and mac-&-cheese and then aften a failed attempt at potty time with Joshua, he went to bed. When Susan went in to check on him before she headed off to bed she called me into his room to look at something. When I got there, his room was full of fog. I had added to much salt to the vaporizor and it fogged up his entire room. Even my glasses fogged up the moment I entered. Oops! We unplugged it and left it off for the night.

Anyway, now I'm all caught up and done with typing for now. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment